SAN FRANCISCO – April 18, 2019 – Containous Inc, the company behind the popular open source cloud native edge router Traefik, has announced the general availability of Traefik Enterprise Edition. TraefikEE offers production benefits for business-critical deployments.
With more than 650 million downloads, Traefik has become a key player in microservice infrastructures and is widely used by major companies in their production environments.
In the latter part of 2018, Containous released the early access of TraefikEE to a select group of users, allowing them to refine the software. Today, Containous is proud to announce that TraefikEE has reached the 1.0 milestone, and is ready for production.
TraefikEE is built on top of Traefik and adds distributed features to address the needs of enterprise customers. It runs at the edge of your platform to route the traffic to applications and microservices alike.
Key highlights of Traefik Enterprise Editions include:
- High Availability: TraefikEE is fault tolerant and runs natively in cluster mode without any extra configuration or external Key Value Store.
- Scalability: TraefikEE allows the adding or shrinking of your nodes as needed, automatically, by using auto-scaling tools.
- Security: TraefikEE sets apart the responsibilities of your nodes, allowing the control plane only to deal with your infrastructure components. And, it relies on encrypted communications between nodes to add an extra layer of security.
- Smooth Operations: TraefikEE comes with an additional CLI that manages to deploy and operate a cluster with several nodes in only one command line. Currently, Kubernetes and Docker Swarm Mode are supported.
- Dashboard: TraefikEE comes with a dashboard to visualize your cluster nodes configuration and status, in addition to aggregated data plane metrics.
- Global Support Services: TraefikEE provides enterprise-class technical support to help you reduce risk, optimize productivity, and ensure success, with direct access to the core Traefik team.
“We are thrilled to announce the General Availability of TraefikEE. This product is a game changer for the enterprise edge-routing ecosystem. I’m very proud of the entire team who made this possible. This is a strategic step for Containous, and we look forward to adding many more features later this year”, said Emile Vauge, CEO at Containous.
With TraefikEE, Containous continues to innovate and define new ways to access microservice platforms, pushing the limits of automation and scalability.
Containous is the company that supports the development of Traefik, the popular open source cloud native edge router. Traefik is widely used around the globe with over 650 million downloads. Containous brings the future of software architecture by offering the most powerful tools to ease the deployment of your modern IT environments.